The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 精品化品牌之路 家居企业该怎么走？
- Fixed Income Securities
- 上海发放公积金个人房贷1193亿 同比增长153%
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 过去10年居民存款增速降至7%：买房消耗大量存款 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 门窗厂家与经销商联合出击 抢夺终端市场 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 皇明董事长：太阳能热水器行业烂透了: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 北京整治“开墙打洞”首批街巷验收 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Big and brassy! Paul McCartney (yes, yes, and also Wings) ushered in a new era of James Bond movies with the theme to Live and Let Die, sending the series careening into a 1970s musical sound as the franchise rebranded itself with a new leading man, Roger Moore. This is an almost maniacally excited song. The melody shifts and spirals and builds and sinks and hardly gives the listener a chance to get their bearings. It's a thrill.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 一季度北京新增房贷93亿同比增长2.7% 增速大幅回落
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 北京市交通委提醒：针对货车超限超载 以后可非现场执法了
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
But retail sales growth softened to 10 per cent in October, betraying economists’ expectations it would hold steady at 10.7 per cent growth from September.
By 2020, annual box office sales are expected to reach 100 billion yuan, according to industry estimates.